I feel like I just finished wrapping up my November favorites and now here we are at the beginning of January. How was your Christmas and New Year’s? Ours was great. Full of the traditions and family gatherings we look forward to every year. Also, no one woke up at 3am to start scoping out what Santa brought, which was also a win for this year 🙂
I’ve been pondering a few of the intentions and habits I would like to adopt in 2017. The ideas are still floating around in my head, but I am pretty certain my best bet will be to keep it simple. Because if there is one thing I have learned about myself by now, it’s that I have a low threshold for busy and overwhelm. The last thing I need is to bring it on myself with a lot of resolutions.
Here’s a recap of some of things I was totally into last month.
- Earlier in the month Blackband Design posted a reveal of a recently completed home renovation they worked on. Project Back Bay turned out SO SO good. Especially the main living area. I pinned pretty much every image of their living room and kitchen.
- Are you familiar with “The Minimalists”? The founders, Josh and Ryan, have created a movement that I am totally into – creating a meaningful life with less. I am not sure how I was introduced to them, but I have been listening to (and loving) The Minimalists Podcast for the past 6-8 months now. Josh and Ryan’s message is brilliant. Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things just came out on Netflix a couple weeks ago and I couldn’t WAIT to see it. The movie totally lived up to my expectations and then some. I cannot recommend it enough.
- The sofa we ordered from Article finally came in this month and it’s a keeper. I was a bit worried ordering a sofa online, sight unseen. But it turns out I love the way it looks and lightens up the living room. The size is perfect for what we needed. And now we can spread out and lay down even more for family movie night – win!
- We got Max THIS duvet cover for Christmas and it makes me so happy! It suits his taste and personality perfectly.
- One of the people I have learned so much from over the past few years is Tim Ferriss. Are you a fan too? I just picked up his new book, “Tools of Titans” and I am devouring it with joy. Last week Tim did a recap and post-game analysis of his year on his podcast that was really good. In the episode, “What I Learned in 2016” , he talks about what he felt he did well and what habits he adopted that got him there.
So how was your December? Any favorites that you gifted or were gifted? Are you making resolutions or participating in any challenges?