Target has been killing it lately with their lighting selections. Whoever is designing the lighting, especially for their Threshold brand, is on the right track. They are using all my favorite materials: brass, marble, gold, warm woods and creamy ceramics.
Besides providing ambient lighting, lamps can also help balance a room if you choose the right one. You will be pleasantly surprised at the impact a simple little lamp can have in updating your decor.
I am a bit embarrassed to say that we currently own 7 Target lamps and I have my eye on a few others. With the ridiculously affordable price points it’s hard not to leave the store without one. I put together a round-up of some of my favorites, along with where you might use them.
8 Great Target Lighting Options:
- Crosby Collection Pendant Light – I did a triple take at my local Target the other day when I saw the Crosby Collection on and endcap. I like this collection so much the desk lamp makes an appearance on this list too. This pendant comes in 4 different colors and it is straddling both a modern and retro feel. I can see it in totally changing the vibe of a kid’s room that is a bit too syrupy sweet.
- Mid-Century Inspired Metal Desk Lamp -This Nate Berkus brass task lamp is my top contender for my home office lighting needs. It’s sitting at my local Target just waiting to be scooped up. The secret with this one is that it is hiding in the office section, not with the other lamps. Brass is a great way to add some warmth to a room. The fact that it is a metal is also great for a space that has too much wood going on.
- Herringbone Ceramic Table Lamp – This ceramic lamp would be the perfect addition to any room that needs a little lightening up. If you have a space with dark wood furniture and dark leather furniture, this little number could be just what the doctor ordered.
- Franklin Table Lamp – Wood with Brass Trim – Similar to the Crosby collection, I love the whole series of the Franklin Table Lamps. Brass, marble, wood – what is not to love?? This wood and brass version is your solution if you need to add some warmth to your space.
- Crosby Schoolhouse Desk Lamp – You might recognize this lamp from Ben’s room. I absolutely love the shape and brass details. I chose the white version because of the high contrast with the navy walls, but the black one is gorgeous too. If you need a desk lamp in your life, I definitely recommend this one.
- Double Gourd Table Lamp Base – A ceramic gourd lamp is a traditional lighting staple. This line comes in great colors and with that touch of brass that keeps it looking updated. I have this one in blue. It’s the perfect lamp that can both update a stuffy room or offset one that is overly trendy.
- Brass Task Lamp – Ahhh, my favorite. I absolutely love this lamp. And I am not the only one. It even made the cover of Emily Henderson’s book, “Styled”. I have it in brass in my bedroom, and in black in Max’s room. This little number will give your space the unexpected hit of mid-century modern it’s begging for.
- Franklin Table Lamp – Marble – I don’t think you can go wrong with a beautiful marble lamp and this one hits every right note – shape, size, brass accents and those really fun pulls. If I end up not getting the Nate Berkus Metal Desk Lamp, it’s because I got this one instead. Similarly to the Ceramic Herringbone lamp, this lamp will help you lighten up a heavy space.
Have you spotted any lighting options at your local Target lately? Any spaces that could use one of these beauties?